With over 2,000 of the UK’s biggest eCommerce advertisers including the likes of Tesco, John Lewis, Boots.com and Currys, Affiliate Window reported live data insights throughout Black Friday via its data visualisation website.
- Online shoppers spent over £57 million, amounting to almost £40,000 tracked every minute of the day
- Over 560,000 sales were driven, with consumer electricals remaining the most popular sector
- Consumer confidence to buy large ticket items was seemingly unperturbed, with the average spend per order rising from £93 in 2015 to £100.23 this year
- Sales for UK eCommerce advertisers were tracked from 156 countries around the globe
- 42 per cent of sales driven were via mobile devices, with handsets driving almost a quarter of sales
Anjulie Truong, Operations Director at Affiliate Window says “We were excited to launch a live-data visualization website to share insights and trends live as they emerged. However, despite what was a phenomenal day of online trading, this year we have seen Black Friday wasn’t just a one day event, with more advertisers starting their promotions earlier in the week. How this shift in trading will impact Christmas and January sales is yet to be seen, but what is clear is that Black Friday has secured it’s place as a key trading event for online marketing.”